2010-08-08

Happy Independence, Jamaica.

IMG_6584

Yesterday I attended a Jamaican Independence day celebration, where I found a new want/need for a grayhound in my life. Unfortunately there isn't much running space in this bitty one bedroom palace, wouldn't be very fair for the poor thing. The rest of my weekend has been taken up with spurts of mad productivity through cleaning and re-decorating/re-organizing. In between these spurts, I do nothing but read celebrity news. It's important to strike a balance.

IMG_6596

Chrome-itized vintage cigarette rack is now the spice shelf.

IMG_6598

Avocado One is thriving.

IMG_6597

DIY artwork for the home.

IMG_6600

The beach bag to end all beach bags. Nothing to do with productivity, but notice the fresh vacuum lines in the carpet. Why does vacuum need two u's?

IMG_6613

Re-worked bathroom artwork. I have an abnormal amount of tissue paper sitting in the closet all wadded up...

IMG_6617

Just so happens that the silver makes one neat-o background for photos.

IMG_6644


IMG_6643

Also woke up this morning with the urge to break out some of the fall clothes...it's not that I'm ready for summer to end...it's always a sad day when flip flops become utterly impractical, and I'm not done with the beach just yet. But suddenly I'm wanting for heavy knits, scarves, halloween and that awesome smell that hits the air when the leaves start to turn and people start using their fireplaces again. Mmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment