2010-05-20

A few good things going on:

1:Tonight I somehow made a miracle happen with a box of Jiffy cornbread mix, in an attempt to duplicate the recipe for rosemary cornbread from the House of Blues. I kind of just guesstimated the entire thing and in the end, I'm in bliss over these things. I even made special honey butter. Going to make a huge batch for our camping trip at the end of June.

2: Our kitchen rug. I don't know why I love it so much. I just do.


3: REAL BED. I'm waiting on my Florida Lomo prints to renovate the wall. I took 5 rolls...

4: Coffee table books!

5: Photo Coasters!

6: A real honest to god grown-up sofa!

7: Fleur de lis throw pillows from salvation army!

While I'd like to post more about the big move and the decorating that has ensued, it's going to take quite a bit more time, money saving and effort to make this place look perfect.
Fortunately Policecop has been able to move the furniture in, which makes for a much more civilized-feeling lifestyle...although I was getting entirely used to the air mattress. (Sometimes I liked to pretend it was a water bed. When I was growing up a few of my friend's parents had them and I was always severely jealous.)

Anyway, a few corners of the place here and there are starting to look less vacant, which is wonderful. And I truly, truly love having my own kitchen...it feels like the sky is the limit. Or would be if food didn't cost so much damn money. Hrm.



No comments:

Post a Comment