2010-11-02

Kazu Makino: Girl Crush.

IMG_7772

IMG_7810

IMG_7862

IMG_7946

IMG_7975

IMG_7973

IMG_7934

Last night I hit up the Paradise with a bunch of good friends to see Blonde Redhead. It was my second time seeing them and I was no less transfixed by Kazu Makino the second time around, even though I'm not feeling their new album as much as their previous ones.
For whatever reason I find myself much more drawn to female rockers than their male counterparts...I can't take my eyes off of them at shows.
Karen O, Natasha Khan of Bat for Lashes, and Kazu Makino...they just have this ethereal yet rock-solid presence on stage...I'm always left fascinated that a girl, cut from the same basic cloth as me could be so god-like. Their talent blows my mind. I want to be them.
And special props to Kazu for the fact that she's from my heart's hometown of Kyoto. And also for designing the band's t-shirts. I'm never usually a sucker for the merch stand, but last night I couldn't pass this up:

IMG_8001

Now if only I could get my hands on a pair of those glitter leggings...

Here is a brief interview with Kazu that I found today. I wonder if any of my friends back home went to school with her. Hmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment