2010-11-11

Thrifting GOLD:

Lately I've been on a winning streak when it comes to second hand/thrifting. Here are some of my best finds:

IMG_8010

#1: Vintage purse: $4.99 @ Salvation Army
It's much bigger than the Louis I've been using religiously since the end of August. Not real leather, but spotless and brilliantly designed none the less. With one push of the clasp at the top the entire bag opens up like a clam shell, I don't have to dig around for anything in this purse. I think I was drawn to it because of the hard briefcase-like structure in a vast sea of slouchy, oversized hobo bags. That, and the fact that it definitely resembles vintage Coach. And did I mention the lining?...

IMG_8016

#2: Diane Von Furstenberg Heels: $24.00 @ Twice as Nice Consignments

IMG_8013

The metallic pentagon shaped heels are responsible for stealing my heart.
Shown with another well-loved find, extremely long chain earrings from Savers, for $2. I've found these to be the cheapest, easiest way to add ping to every one of my fall outfits.

And then, saving the best for last:
#3: Authentic Louis Vuitton Wallet: $14.00 @ Savers

IMG_8009

Savers...of all places. My Mother informed me that they were having a 50% off sale for veterans day, and after work I decided to drop by for a peek, never expecting to find this...buried underneath two obviously fake Louis pochettes in their "valued items" case. It was entirely too good to be true. And yet the date code, stitching, details, wear and tear...it all checks out. Say hello to my new wallet.

And lastly, another cheap-but-excellent buy:
IMG_8015

Sinful Colors Nail Polish: $2 a-pop at Walgreens. I was on a desperate search for a cheaper alternative to Chanel's Jade Lacquer from Fall '09 (Yes, I'm admittedly behind the curve here).
Sinful Colors Mint Apple (shown on the far right) was the absolute closest I could find, and it's gorgeous. I bought this along with some of their other colors, including glitter coats and found that not only are they brilliant looking, but have extreme longevity. Highly recommended.

So now I'm off to bed. One more day of work and then a 24 hour music festival in New Hampshire with Gwen this weekend! I'm predicting vast amounts of caffeine in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment