2011-01-22

BACK!

It came, it went. Japan. Sigh.
I had wanted to do a post sooner when I got back but the jet lag has been of the intense sort, and I needed time to get my head screwed properly back on my shoulders. So here are just a few of the highlights from my trip to glorious Nippon!

IMG_8710

Yakitori in Shiga...might be just as cozy as my grandmother's house....

IMG_8798

IMG_8803

Sushi and crab dinner @ Kinosaki-Onsen.

IMG_8822

IMG_8832

IMG_8852

Kinosaki at night...

IMG_8920

IMG_8902

Old friends, new friends...

IMG_8923

Possibly one of the greatest things I will ever see in this life...the eight story sex shop in Akihabara.

IMG_8943

While my sense of taste has definitely retrogressed back to American style food (DEVISTATING), nothing can break my addiction to all things soy. These are little boxes of soy milk, 88 yen a piece. In a billion different and wonderful flavors. Pictured: Chestnut, black sesame, sweet potato.

IMG_8939

Laundry minus the dryer...If I had a balcony I would love to line dry my stuff here too, come spring.

IMG_8959

IMG_8964

Walmart's total world domination, on schedule.

IMG_8993

IMG_9012

GINZAAAAAH.

IMG_9024

One of those sweet potato trucks that nobody in America believes really exists.
Photographic PROOF.

IMG_9035

IMG_9043

IMG_9068

IMG_9082

The warmest, most relaxing bar in the world? I think so. I took just under ten billion pictures in here and the owner got a bit aggravated. I couldn't understand why he cared so much until the Maker's Mark wore off and I actually reviewed the photos. So many I could probably make an animated flip book. すみませんでした。

IMG_9100

Cute right down to the yogurt.
Aloe yogurt.
<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment