2011-10-18

Family Meets Family.

And so it finally happened.  M-3 Love paid Boston a visit.
An event that was supposed to be a reunion with Cory had the plus-alpha of a reunion with Angel-Chan as well, due to some very good reserve day karma.

IMG_0607

IMG_0610

I set off into town with Gwen, to show our out-of-state jet-setters the best B-town has to offer. Which included a quick strut down Newbury, dinner and drinks at the Middle East in Cambridge, and a several-hour long search for decent karaoke starting in Cambridge, leading us to Faneuil Hall and then back to Cambridge.  It might be strange that I got a kick out of showing them how satellite GPS doesn't mean a damn thing in Boston, as the roads are simply nonsensical unless you are walking or on horseback.  But because of this they were able to get an incredibly thorough driving tour of the city.

So at the end of the night we finally reached our coveted karaoke destination: The Courtside. Tons of people, all revved up. Should have been a total blast except for the fact that they use what they call the "old-new-old-new" system. Which basically means regardless of the order of songs submitted, they preference people who show up every week and folks like us ended up spending two and a half hours buying drinks without getting to sing once.  At the end of the night, Cory gave them a New York piece of mind regarding the whole crappy system.  Luckily he was able to cameo in one groups rendition of "Twist and Shout", and secure his place as a Boston karaoke legend in one song flat.
IMG_0609

Either way singing or not, tons of fun was had.  I'm very much looking forward to the next time M-Class blesses Boston with their presence.  Name the date and time of your layover. I'll be at Logan with bells on.  Or Providence, just as easily. I'd even consider traveling to Connecticut on my days off.
I just love you all that much.

Also I found great joy in being able to introduce my home-friends and the Delta family to each other.  It was like two of the best things in my world colliding. Like a peanut butter and chocolate head-on collision.

IMG_0620

Gwen Adventure and Cory!!!

Also, they all got to meet the Pat:

IMG_0623

The Pat with which I spent Friday night carving pumpkins and eating steak tips.  Resulting in the following wonderment:

IMG_0640

IMG_0643

IMG_0638

It was a 120% weekend. For real.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Natalie from Japan. I have a f2f interview for the FA position with Delta in the middle of Nov. I searched, on the internet, "Delta Interview in Japanese language)" and found your blog!

    I just wanted to say that I looooove the pictures you post on your blog. They are so artistic! AND your Japanese is perfect. well are you Japanese? if you are, it makes sense that your Japanese is good. I'm studying English but I can never be a native English speaker... so Im jealous of you!

    I'm going to subscribe your blog so please keep posting!

    Arigatou!

    ReplyDelete