2010-09-27

The Wicked Wish List of the West

Nobody likes to think of themselves as materialistic. But let's face it. We've been bred and raised to want things...To get things, then to want newer and fancier things, to want what other people have, to feel squeamishly uncomfortable until we can obtain the prize. It's not about food on the table, it's not about rent or practicality. It's about fantasy. It's about looking like you're living the dream. I am a firm believer that at least 90% of iPhone users have bought this device for the sole purpose of looking/feeling relevant. Apple is the biggest fashion dictator technology has ever met.

While I do like to think of myself as practical in the sense that I have no desire for an iPhone, and no uncontrollable lust for a fancy car, I am a miserable sucker for unobtainable high-end fashion. The following items have me all strung up:


#1- Anne Demeulemeester triple lace boots, high heel version. These were from the 2008 collection, and sold for a hefty $2250. I think it's safe to say I won't have these any time soon.




#2: Christian Louboutin Anything. But mainly the Anemone pump, and classic nude pumps.


These blue satin ones have my heart racing too...


#3: Marc Jacobs anything and everything. I am in a weird kind of love with him.



Especially this last necklace from his Marc by Marc Jacobs collection...boxing gloves and a tooth. Too good. I think I need this hard. A trip to Boston is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment