2010-04-03

Saturday Art Day!











Today I was invited by an old friend to pose for some portrait painting. The deal was I get to sit still and do nothing for a long while, get smoke breaks whenever I need them, lunch and the opportunity to be a model for a day...so uh, win win win win win win win.

This is probably the most productive thing one can do whilst sitting entirely still and staring into a corner for extended periods of time. I will admit that there were a few times I thought I might slip into some sort of trance, but once I got that under control it was all very relaxing. And the artists? So talented it's frightening. I am invited to paint with them when another model is available, but I haven't picked up a paint brush in a serious manner for years. The thought of working on the same subject side by side with these guys is kind of unnerving.
However, it is said that you are supposed to do something that scares you every day, and I'm way overdue. So I'm considering it.


No comments:

Post a Comment