2009-09-10

Since MGMT wasn't available...


Last summer I was all over the MGMT album. I have so many good memories of trips to Albany, with Oracular Spectacular as the soundtrack. Americade at lake George, knocking over parking cones in torrential downpours, etc. And I hoped and prayed that they would come out with another album for summer 09. They didn't. Not even a single. Giant letdown. I think summer never happening this year was a direct result of that.
However, I found what I wanted from them this year, courtesy of Empire of the Sun. I'm pretty sure this is one of those bands everyone has known about for ages, and I'm on the tail end of the indie music wave again. Oh wells.
Anyway, I caught this song on lastfm.com this morning while I was getting dressed, and it was like falling in love. Have you ever noticed that, when you suddenly hear a song that just grabs you, you just freeze and are overcome with heart flutters...identical to falling smitten for someone. Atleast it's like that for me. Identical. I'm telling you.
We are the people grabbed me, kissed me on the neck and whispered to me "I'm sorry that MGMT left you high and dry this summer...but we're going to have a wild fall '09. I'm going to spike your cocoa...I'm going to show you how to have a good time in the shadows on halloween...whiskey and wool tartan blankets..."
SWOON.
And then I saw the video. I don't know what they're going for with this, but it makes me think maybe I should just give drugs a try. This isn't likely, but until I feel desperate enough to ride the tie-dye rainbow to the other side of reality, I'll just listen to the song with my eyes closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment